Makalu Base Camp Trekking
Makalu Base Camp Trekking,The trek to the base of fifth highest mountain in the world called Makalu is one of the most adventurous and amazing trekking routes of Nepal. Makalu Base Camp Trekking is not only because of its route to the base of eight –thousander mountain but also having the unprecedented experiences about the culture and customs of some of the prominent ethnic communities of Nepal such as Sherpa, Rai, Limbu, Gurung and Magar. The Makalu Base Camp Trekking offers the magnificent views of greenery forest, panoramic villages and terraced land along the road would magnetize you more than anything else leading you to the northern east part of Nepal. The beautiful natural atmosphere of Makalu Base Camp Trekking would definitely let you forget the fatigue and tiring long trek of almost six to seven hours each day. Ranging from an altitude of 800 meter on the level of Arun River to an elevation of 4700 meter from sea level at Sherson, the Makalu Base Camp Trekking begins the flight route from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar, the rest of the Makalu Base Camp Trekking demands the exercise and stamina of legs along with the body. Lush surrounding, sub-tropical forest, terraced field, cloud forest, alpine valley, snow-capped mountains and gigantic glaciers are the eye-catching and awe-inspiring sights to be enjoyed during this unbelievable and incredible trail. As soon as the trekking journey reaches to Makalu Base Camp at Sherson, one also comes very close to the Barun glacier.
Indeed, any trekking route which reaches to the height above 4000 meter asks the rigorous and challenging time and effort to make it possible. In spite of its less altitude than the mountain expedition, Makalu Base Camp Trekking still seeks and requires the adventurous energy and determination to make the things possible for the trekking above the height of 4000 meters. Above all, the trekking itself wants some vitality. When one accepts the challenges, only then one is creditable enough to experience the magnanimous and heart-throbbing moments along the Makalu Base Camp Trekking.
Makalu Base Camp Trekking allows to view the unique mountain Makalu which has a remarkable pyramid structure of four sharp ridge among the eight-thousander peaks. In addition to the mind-blowing view of Makalu, Makalu Base Camp Trekking includes many other mountains can be viewed and the beauty of the white glimmering mountains can be enjoyed along the Makalu Base Camp Trekking. The mountain Makalu measures the height of 8485 meter to be recorded as the fifth highest mountain in the world. The distant of about 19 kilometers to the southeast from the highest summit of the world Mountain Everest, it lies on the Mahalangur Himalayan Range. The Makalu Base Camp Trekking route enters into the protected zone of Makalu Barun National Park which is eighth national park of Nepal established in 1992 AD. Inside this protected area more than 16 mountains has been counted. It’s also been the protected area with highest level of altitude. so, Makalu Base Camp Trekking is one of the interesting and nice trekking.
Arrival to Kathmandu.
Fly to Tumlingtar and drive on a jeep to the stunningly situated village of Num (1500m).
Trek down to the Arun River. The Crossing of Arun River is followed by trailing up via Runruma Sedua village (1493m).
Comparatively shorter trek through terraced fields to Tashigaon (2057m).
Trekking through cloud forest and picturesque country side to reach the greenery pasture at Kauma Kharka (3500m).
One of the challenging passes in the trek called Shipton La (4229 m) arrives this day. The trek descends down to Dobato while offering the glorious view of Kanchenjunga and Makalu.
The trail further goes down to the Barun River before arriving to the grazing area at Yangri Kharka (3620m).
The trek moves further up to the valley of the upper Barun River to the grazing area of Lengmale Kharka (4400m).
This day brings you at the place of highest altitude in this trekking which is Sherson (4700m), also the basecamp area for Makalu.
You can have a rest or take on to explore above and around Sherson to see the scenic, snow-capped and scintillating mountains views.
Trek to Yangri Kharka.
The crossing of the Shipton La overnight stay takes place at Kauma Kharka.
Along the dense forest the trail goes to Tashigaon and comes to the rest at Sedua.
Descending down to Arun River the trails takes the steep up route to Num.
A day offers panoramic view as well as the greenery village views with terraced fields to Chichila and the same day at Tumlingtar.
Fly back to Kathmandu. The leisure time in the afternoon can be arranged for good bye party or you can have good rest.
Day for letting your body relax, soothe and rest.
Things included in the package
- We provide you the accommodation which will be shared by two people. However, you can book for the single room with extra charge.
- We will also bear the cost of domestic flight that will be travelled for the trip.
- The overland transport will be held on tourist coach as per the itinerary and size of the group.
- The applicable fee for the Trekking, National Park and Conservation center will be covered.
- Three meals in a day includes breakfast, lunch and dinner which will be provided.
- We offer you a welcome group dinner in an authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural show
- The wages, meals, insurance and transport allowance of all trekking staff and porters will be arranged.
- We also can arrange the planning for the place of interest in the city accompanied by the city guide.
- We also have included the comprehensive medical kit and service of guide and porters.
- We also help you to reconfirm your international flight.
Things Excluded in the package
- pick-up/Drop from/to airport.
- The visa fee you would have to pay for travel, medical insurance and airport tax.
- The meals of your personal interest will not be offered in our expense.
- We would also not provide the personal sleeping bags and bags.
- The charge applied in case of emergency evacuation by any means of transport would not be included.
- The charge for accommodation in Kathamndu in you early arrival before the trip will not be included and also the late departure. Moreover, the early departure from trek will also not included in our expense.
- We also don’t include the cost of international flights.
- The trip doesn’t offer the travel and rescue insurance.
- We also don’t include the phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra poter etc.
- We also don’t offer tips for guides and porters.
Trek start dates
1st of every Month
Makalu TrekkingTrip Cost
- Destination: Makalu Base Camp
- Duration: 18 days
- Min-pax: 1-15
- Max altitude: 4700 m
- Accommodation: 2 or 3 star level