Mustang Trekking Nepal
Mustang trekking is the trekking of central Himalayan range of Nepal between two mountainous districts Dolpa to the west and Manag to the east. Mustang shares the border with Tibet to the north. The upper region of Mustang was once a kingdom named Lo in dependency of Kingdom of Nepal. Lo Kingdom glorifies as the unaffected and preserved land of Tibetan culture. By the annexation of China, Tibet itself might have lost its aroma and custom. However, the once semi-independent Kingdom has kept its tradition and ritual alive and safe. Indeed, until 1992 foreigners were not allowed to enter into this prestigious and restricted land. Because of its still unexplored tradition and the exotic climate, In Nepal, Mustang Trekking has been the choice of many trekkers all around the world.
In addition to its prosperous cultural identity of Tibetan lineage of Sakyapa School of Buddhism, it has also welcomed and sustained the Hindu tradition and rituals. The prime example of this harmony and cordiality is Muktinath temple which is the common shrine of both the religions. The curiosity and wonder behind the mutuality between these two religions in this high Himalayan district can be the point of research along with the wonderful and adventurous trekking you experience. Moreover, it was once the trade route between Tibet and India following the trail along the edge of Gandaki River which has bisected Mustang district.
The word Mustang has Tibetan origin which means a ‘fertile land’. As a matter of fact, the district combines the two part; one includes the upper mustang, another the lower mustang. Two third of the northern part of the district has been consumed by the upper mustang. The lowest point of the upper Mustang measures 2750 meter from sea level whereas the highest altitude is 6700 meters. The lower Mustang is also called Thak. Thak Khola is also the name of the Gandaki River. This area has been the terrestrial of Thakali people.
Mustang trekking can be the most adventurous as well as challenging as the barren land, high altitude and windy climate may play the role of hurdles. The windy and dry valleys, eroded canyons and stratified rock formation would be awe-struck geographical experience. Nevertheless, the Mustang trekking would offer you incredible taste and trajectory of human world. As a trekkers you would enjoy the glittering white snow-capped mountains. Furthermore, you would get astonished by the livelihood of the people who have been living their life perhaps among the highest altitude villages of the world. Besides, the preservation of rare medieval Buddhist arts as well as the historic outlandish Tibetan culture can be the major attraction of the Mustang trekking. Majority of the habitants of this high Himalayas land are recorded to be of Bhotia and Loba communities of Tibetan origin. As being the mountainous district Mustang also has been bestowed with the two mountains Dhaulagiri and Annapurna which stands at an elevation more than 8000 meters above sea level along with about 30 peaks of 6000 meters above sea level.
Day 01 of Mustang TrekkingArrival in Kathmandu (1,372m)
Day 02 of Mustang trekking
Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (900m) 5 – 6 hrs. Night stay at a hotel.
Day 03 of Mustang trekking
Fly to Jomsom and trek to Kagbeni (2,858m) 3-4 hours walk.
Day 04 of Mustang trekking
Kagbeni to Chele (3,050m) 6 hours walk.
Day 05 of Mustang trekking
Chele to Syangboche (3475m) 7 hours walk.
Day 06 of Mustang trekking
Syanbochen to Ghemi (3520m) 6 hours walk.
Day 07 of Mustang trekking
Ghaymi to Charang (3500m) 5 hours walk.
Day 08 of Mustang trekking
Charang to Lo-Mangthang (3700m) 5 hours.
Day 09 of Mustang trekking
Explore Lo- Mangthang and time for acclimatization.
Day 10 of Mustang trekking
Lo- Mangthang to Drakmar (3810m) 6 hours walk.
Day 11 of Mustang trekking
Dhakmar to Ghiling (3807m) 5-6 hours walk.
Day 12 of Mustang trekking
Ghiling to Chhuksang (3050m) 5 hours.
Day 13 of Mustang trekkingChhuksang to Muktinath (3900m) 6 hours walk.
Day 14 of Mustang trekkingMuktinath to Jomsom (2720m) 6- 7 hours walk.
Day 15 of Mustang trekkingFly back to Pokhara.
Day 16 of Mustang trekkingFly from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
Things included in the package
- We provide you the accommodation which will be shared by two people. However, you can book for the single room with extra charge.
- We will also bear the cost of domestic flight that will be travelled for the trip.
- The overland transport will be held on tourist coach as per the itinerary and size of the group.
- The applicable fee for the Trekking, National Park and Conservation center will be covered.
- Three meals in a day includes breakfast, lunch and dinner which will be provided.
- We offer you a welcome group dinner in an authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural show
- The wages, meals, insurance and transport allowance of all trekking staff and porters will be arranged.
- We also can arrange the planning for the place of interest in the city accompanied by the city guide.
- We also have included the comprehensive medical kit and service of guide and porters.
- We also help you to reconfirm your international flight.
Things Excluded in the package
- pick-up/Drop from/to airport.
- The visa fee you would have to pay for travel, medical insurance and airport tax.
- The meals of your personal interest will not be offered in our expense.
- We would also not provide the personal sleeping bags and bags.
- The charge applied in case of emergency evacuation by any means of transport would not be included.
- The charge for accommodation in Kathamndu in you early arrival before the trip will not be included and also the late departure. Moreover, the early departure from trek will also not included in our expense.
- We also don’t include the cost of international flights.
- The trip doesn’t offer the travel and rescue insurance.
- We also don’t include the phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra poter etc.
- We also don’t offer tips for guides and porters.
Trek start dates1st of every Month
Mustang TrekkingTrip Cost
- Destination: Mustang trekking Nepal
- Duration: 16 days
- Min-pax: 1-15
- Max altitude: 3900
- Accommodation: 2 or 3 star level