Annapurna Sanctuary Yoga Trek – 15 Days
The Annapurna region is a utopia for travel and trek fanatics across the globe. This region houses some of the rare flora and fauna that the world has ever laid eyes on. From the sky-piercing peaks of the Annapurna mountain range to the deepest gorge carved by the Kaligandaki river, this region has it all. Out of the numerous treks exploring the Annapurna region, the Annapurna Sanctuary Yoga trek is believed by many to be the best one as it includes the perfect balance of nature and culture.
In this trek, you will get to explore the myths and mysteries of the fabled Annapurna region. Bask on the glory of the snow-laden mountains like Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Gangapurna. You will walk through the densely forested trails that lead into the Hinku cave. Proceed to the magnificent Macchapuchre base camp and later to the Annapurna base camp. Once the exploring is done, take a quick stroll of Kathmandu and Pokhara to end the trek on a high note.
To accentuate this trek, daily yoga and meditation classes will prove to be a boon for you.
Factual Statements regarding the trip
- Terrain type: Hills and mountains
- Location: Kaski, Lamjung, Manang
- Difficulty level: moderate to difficult
- Time needed: 15 days
- Max Altitude: 4130 meters
- Religions: Hinduism and Buddhism
- Local residents: Gurung, Thakali, Brahmin, Chhetri
- Transportation: bus and airplane
Highlights of Annapurna Sanctuary Yoga Trek
- Exploring the natural enigmas of Pokhara valley like Fewa Lake, Begnas Lake, and Rupa Lake
- Witnessing the delightful sunrise from the summit of Poon hill
- Observing amazing panorama of mountains like Annapurna, Macchapucchre, and Dhaulagiri
- Scouting the amazing periphery of the Annapurna Base Camp and Macchapucchre Base Camp
- Walking on the densely forested trails of the Annapurna region
- Exploring the cultural landmarks of the Kathmandu valley
Food and Accommodation
During the Annapurna Sanctuary yoga trek, you will be residing in lodges and teahouses. Speaking about price, the tour operator will arrange it for you but in rare cases, you might have to leave tip as well. These accommodations contain basic necessities. In terms of food, the common staple in the rural parts is dal bhat, roti, and dhido. If you have cravings for fancy food, then we advise you to carry them along with you as they tend to be expensive in the Himalayas.
Day 01: Arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu (1300m)
Once you arrive at the Tribhuvan International Airport, you will be greeted by our representative who will make sure that you reach the hotel properly. At the hotel, you will have a brief meeting with the company officials and then you will meet the guides who will accompany you during the entirety of the trek. Enjoy a welcome dinner and pack your necessities for the coming days. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Fly to Pokhara and trek to Ulleri (2050m)
Before we fly to Pokhara, we shall indulge ourselves in a morning yoga session. Head to the airport and then fly to Pokhara. The flight lasts for about 30 minutes and provides an amazing view of the snowy mountains. From the airport, we shall gather our necessities and head to Naya Pul. It is the commencing point of this Annapurna Sanctuary trek. The route to Ulleri goes through Tikhedhunga and the Burundi Khola. In Ulleri, complete the meditation. Overnight in Ulleri.
Day 03: Trek from Ulleri to Ghorepani (2750m)
Take part in yoga in the green hills and then climb the ascending stairs that lead to Ghorepani. The path is difficult but it provides an amazing view of the faraway mountains. The path is laded with small waterfalls and birds. At Ghorepani, understand the lifestyle of the locals and indulge in meditation. Overnight in Ghorepani.
Day 04: Trek from Ghorepani to Tadapani (2700m)
Before you start yoga, head out to the Poon hill to witness the magnificent sunrise that envelops the mountains of the Annapurna region. You can practice yoga here too. Once it is done, walk on the road to Tadapani. The path crosses ridges and climbs stairs. You will arrive at Tadapani after trekking for 5-6 hours. At Tadapani, be sure to have plentiful rest and don’t forget to practice meditation. Overnight in Tadapani.
Day 05: Trek from Tadapani to Chhomrong (2170m)
The morning initiates with a quick yoga session and then transcends to steep downhill paths that will lead you to Chhomrong. Walk through the cascading waterfalls and cross suspension bridges over gushing rivers. The Chhomrong village resides below the Annapurna massive and is a great place to witness the magnitude of this mountain. We can even conclude the meditation session outdoors. Overnight in Chhomrong.
Day 06: Trek from Chhomrong to Bamboo (2310m)
Once we sort the yoga, we venture to Bamboo. This small resting hub sits in the wilderness of the Annapurna region. To reach here, we need to cross the Chhomrong Khola and climb an uphill trail until Sinuwa. Head past Kuldihar and walk on a descending trail until you arrive at Bamboo. Due to the wilderness, it is advised that you do the meditation indoors. Overnight in Bamboo.
Day 07: Trek from Bamboo to Deurali (3230m)
After a healthy breakfast, find yourself walking on an elevate trail that leads to Deurali. This small settlement is a common resting ground for those on the Annapurna trail. Enjoy the delightful view of the Annapurna mountain ranges and explore the Hinku cave as well. Walk past boulder-filled river banks and finally arrive at Deurali. Interact with the locals and finish the meditation. Overnight in Deurali.
Day 08: Trek from Deurali to the Annapurna Base Camp (4130m)
All the yoga and meditation done during the trek is for this moment. We shall head to the Annapurna base camp today. It sits at an elevation of 4130m so you can expect the trail to be difficult. Walk past the Machhapuchre base camp and observe delicate views of mountains like Annapurna, Hiuchuli, and Gangapurna. Finally arrive at the Annapurna base camp and be the one with nature. You can skip the meditation class. Overnight in Annapurna base camp.
Day 09: Trek from the Annapurna base camp to Bamboo
After spending the morning observing the delights of the Annapurna mountain, we shall head back to Bamboo. But first, we must complete the yoga session. The return trip sees you walk on descending trails that are seldom laded with snow. We arrive at Bamboo during the evening and rest on the same lodge. Be sure to get the meditation session today. Overnight in Bamboo.
Day 10: Trek from Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1760m)
Enjoy a combination of healthy food and morning yoga to start the day. Then, we shall make our way back to Chhomrong. The roads are still difficult and there, you shall have lunch, Wal past the bustling green forests and arrive at Jhinu danda. You can see a small settlement here. After freshening up, you can indulge in the meditation session. Overnight in Jhinu Danda.
Day 11: Trek from Jhinu Danda to Naya Pul and head to Pokhara
We are in the final part of this trek. After we complete the yoga session, we will head down the forested trails to reach Naya Pul. From here, many treks in the Annapurna region take place. Our representative will arrange a vehicle and will take you to Pokhara. Take a much-deserved rest and celebrate for completing the trek. Overnight in Pokhara.
Day 12: Pokhara valley sightseeing
Pokhara valley has a lot to offer. It is filled with numerous natural landmarks and we shall visit some of them. Our journey involves visiting the World Peace Pagoda, boating in the Fewa and Rupa Lake, and visiting the Davis Falls. We will visit the Mahendra cave as well. At the hotel, take part in a farewell dinner. Overnight in Pokhara.
Day 13: Drive to Kathmandu
Our return trip takes us back to Kathmandu once again. Wake up early and head to Kathmandu via a private vehicle. The journey goes along the Prithivi highway and provides amazing views of the gushing rivers and green hills. It takes about 7-8 hours to reach Kathmandu from Pokhara. During the evening, be sure to explore the nightlife of the city. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 14: Kathmandu valley sightseeing
The Kathmandu valley is home to numerous UNESCO World Heritage Sites. These sites have religious and cultural importance. During this sightseeing trip, we shall explore sites like Kathmandu Durbar Square, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, and Patan Durbar Square. These sites display the ancient Malla architecture. After visiting these sites, we head back to the hotel. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 15: Departure from Nepal
Today is your final day in Nepal and our representative will be responsible for dropping you off at the airport. We hope that you had a wonderful time with us and we hope to see you again.
Things Included In The Package
- We provide you the bed and breakfast. Accommodation will be shared by two people. However, you can book for a single room with extra charge.
- We will also bear the cost of a domestic flight that will be traveled for the trip.
- Yoga classes as per Itinerary.
- The overland transport will be held on tourist coach as per the itinerary and size of the group.
- The applicable fee for the Trekking, National Park and Conservation center will be covered.
- We offer you a welcome group dinner in an authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural show.
- The wages, meals, insurance and transport allowance of all trekking staff and porters will be arranged.
- We also can arrange the planning for the place of interest in the city accompanied by the city guide.
- We also have included the comprehensive medical kit and service of guide and porters.
- We also help you to reconfirm your international flight.
Things Excluded In The Package
- Pick-up/Drop from/to airport.
- The visa fee you would have to pay for travel, medical insurance, and airport tax.
- The meals of your personal interest will not be offered at our expense.
- We would also not provide personal sleeping bags and bags.
- The charge applied in case of emergency evacuation by any means of transport would not be included.
- The charge for accommodation in Kathamndu in you early arrival before the trip will not be included and also the late departure. Moreover, the early departure from trek will also not included in our expense.
- We also don’t include the cost of international flights.
- The trip doesn’t offer the travel and rescue insurance.
- We also don’t include the phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra poter etc.
- We also don’t offer tips for guides and porters.
Trek start dates1st Group: 1st of every Month2nd group: 15th of every month
Book your Yoga Trek with us
directly E-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org