14 Days Gokyo Valley Yoga Trek
The Everest region serves as a paramount for everything brave, courageous, and adventurous. It is the resting spot of the mighty Mount Everest and has attracted travelers from across the globe for numerous years. The 14 days Gokyo valley yoga trek takes place in the Everest region and is designed to provide visitors with the ultimate thrill and joy. Mountains, Lakes, and Culture is what incorporates this trek.
During this trek, you will be making your way through some of the most difficult and enticing trails that you will ever witness. Navigate along the slippery terrains of the Dudh Koshi river and battle snowfall to arrive at the humongous Ngozumpa glacier. Carefully cross it to arrive at the sublime Gokyo village where the frosty lakes await you. Explore the lake periphery and interact with the local Sherpas to get an insight into Buddhism and their way of life.
This 14 days Gokyo valley yoga trek is a must-visit for anyone that wishes to witness nature in its unblemished form.
Factual Statements Regarding the trip
- Terrain type: Hills and mountains
- Location: Solukhumbu, Sankhuwasabha
- Difficulty level: Moderate to difficult
- Time Needed: 14 days
- Max Altitude: 5357 meters
- Religions: Buddhism and Hinduism
- Local Residents: Sherpa, Brahmin, Chhetri
- Transportation: bus and airplane
Gokyo Valley Yoga Trek Highlights
- Witnessing the breathtaking view of mountains of Everest region like Everest, Nuptse, Thamserku
- Walking on the moraines of Ngozumpa glacier
- Exploring the serene lakes of Gokyo village
- Scouting the premises of Sagarmatha National Park
- Cultural awakening in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu
- Visiting the famous Khumjung monastery in Namche Bazar
Food and Accommodation
In this 14-day ordeal, you will be residing on teahouses and small lodges. At Namche, there are lodges equipped with modern-day amenities but in other rural parts, you won’t find it. The hot water bath is a privilege in the desolate parts and can be a bit costly. You will dine on dal bhat, dhido in these parts. Fancy foods are rare in the high Himalayas so it is better that you carry some.
Day 01: Arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu (1300m)
The morning commences with your arrival at the Kathmandu valley. Meet our representative at the airport and he’ll transfer you to the hotel. At the hotel, meet the company staff and guides who will accompany you during the trek. Pack your necessities and enjoy the welcome dinner. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Fly to Lukla(2886m) and trek to Phakding (2610m)
From today, the morning yoga initiates. It is done with the motive of making the trek relaxing and soothing. At 8, you will fly to the gateway of the Everest region, Lukla. The short flight provides surreal pictures of the mountains enveloping the Everest region. Gather your necessities and head to Phakding. The walk will be slow which will give you ample time to acclimatize. At Phakding, we shall reside in a lodge and proceed with the meditation session. Overnight in Phakding.
Day 03: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazar (3440m)
Once we get the morning yoga out of the way, we shall venture out to Namche Bazar. It is the biggest Sherpa settlement in this region. The road to Namche consists of numerous ups and downs. We need to get our permits sorted at Jorsale. Now, we are officially in the Sagarmatha National Park. There are numerous modern lodges in Namche Bazar. Before going to bed, do complete the meditation class. Overnight in Namche Bazar.
Day 04: Acclimatization at Namche Bazar
The morning at Namche involves observing breathtaking views of mountains like Everest, Ama Dablam, and Nuptse. We shall practice yoga in the open too. Later, we shall explore this small town. Venture to the Khumjung monastery to witness the scalp which people believe is of a yeti. Interact with the locals here and stock on necessary provisions for the day ahead. After concluding the meditation, take a much-needed rest. Overnight in Namche Bazar.
Day 05: Namche Bazar to Dhole (4040m)
Do complete the mandatory yoga session and find yourself walking on the road to Dhole. You shall follow the trail of the Dudh Koshi river and observe small settlements decorated by mani walls and prayer flags. Due to the increase in elevation, you might experience difficulty in breathing. Be sure to trek slowly. We arrive at Dhole in the evening. Go through the meditation class to have dinner. Overnight in Dhole.
Day 06: Trek from Dhole to Machhermo (4150m)
It might be a bit difficult to practice yoga on the frosty terrain, but it is worth it. Indulge in a healthy breakfast and find yourself walking alongside the Dudh Koshi river. Navigate through settlements like Kele and Luza. Do learn about the life of people in these silent parts. At Machhermo, we will take part in meditation and call it a day. Overnight in Machhermo.
Day 07: Trek from Machhermo to Gokyo (4750m)
Once the yoga is sorted, we shall head out to the major highlight of this trek, Gokyo. Carefully navigate along the banks of the Dudh Koshi river and relish at the sight of the magnificent mountains of the Everest region. Walk on the moraines of the colossal Ngozumpa glacier and after a brief ascent, find yourself in the vicinity of Gokyo. This small settlement beautifully nestled beside the tranquil lakes. It is great to practice meditation here. Overnight in Gokyo.
Day 08: Acclimatization at Gokyo
Today, we shall fully explore the many mysteries of Gokyo village. Once you finish the meditation session, we shall head out to the summit of Gokyo Ri. This small hill is a vantage point to witness the grandeur of the Himalayas. Later, we shall head down and explore the Gokyo lakes. In the peak of winter, these lakes turn solid. Understand the meaning of life by interacting with the locals here. In the evening, indulge in serene meditation. Overnight in Gokyo.
Day 09: Trek from Gokyo to Dhole (4040m)
The yoga classes might be getting a bit easier as of late. We will begin the descent to Dhole today. We shall retrace our steps for that. Slowly head through settlements like Phanga, Luza, and Machhermo to reach Dhole. The return trip can be a bit taxing so be careful. At Dhole, be sure to finish the meditation session. Overnight in Dhole.
Day 10: Trek from Dhole to Namche Bazar (3440m)
The road from Dhole to Namche Bazar is filled with slippery edges and lots of downhill climbing. In order to do that, we need to complete the yoga trip first. The descent sees us walk the familiar route along the Dudh Koshi River and cross Sansa. Walk past the familiar alpine vegetation to reach Namche Bazar. Indulge in modern commodities in Namche Bazar. The meditation class here is comparatively easier too.
Day 11: Trek from Namche Bazar to Lukla
Once the morning yoga class is concluded, we will head out to Lukla. The journey sees a further decrease in elevation and goes along the familiar Dudh Koshi river. The route is decorated with mani walls and prayer flags that will take you back to time. Once you reach Lukla, you can take a much-needed rest but first, you need to take part in the meditation session. Overnight in Lukla.
Day 12: Fly Back to Kathmandu
Today, you will head back to Kathmandu. The flight takes about 45 minutes and it will provide you surreal pictures of mountains like Everest, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, and Nuptse. Once in Kathmandu, head to your hotel and after leaving your stuff, you can head out sightseeing. There are many things that can be done in Kathmandu. You can explore the Kathmandu Durbar Square and Pashupatinath temple. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 13: Kathmandu valley sightseeing
Another day of sightseeing awaits us today. We shall take it upon ourselves to visit the famed UNESCO World Heritage Sites like Patan Durbar Square, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, and Swoyambhunath Temple. These sites are enriched in culture and religion. Once it is done, head to your hotel and take part in a farewell dinner. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 14: Departure from Nepal
Today is your final day in Nepal. Our representative will make sure that you reach the airport on time. We hope that you had a wonderful time with us and we hope to see you again in the nearby future. Thank you for traveling with us.
Things included in the package
- We provide you the bed and breakfast. Accommodation will be shared by two people. However, you can book for the single room with extra charge.
- We will also bear the cost of domestic flight that will be travelled for the trip.
- Yoga classes as per Itinerary.
- The overland transport will be held on tourist coach as per the itinerary and size of the group.
- The applicable fee for the Trekking, National Park and Conservation center will be covered.
- We offer you a welcome group dinner in an authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural show.
- The wages, meals, insurance and transport allowance of all trekking staff and porters will be arranged.
- We also can arrange the planning for the place of interest in the city accompanied by the city guide.
- We also have included the comprehensive medical kit and service of guide and porters.
- We also help you to reconfirm your international flight.
Things Excluded in the package
- Pick-up/Drop from/to airport.
- The visa fee you would have to pay for travel, medical insurance and airport tax.
- The meals of your personal interest will not be offered in our expense.
- We would also not provide the personal sleeping bags and bags.
- The charge applied in case of emergency evacuation by any means of transport would not be included.
- The charge for accommodation in Kathamndu in you early arrival before the trip will not be included and also the late departure. Moreover, the early departure from trek will also not included in our expense.
- We also don’t include the cost of international flights.
- The trip doesn’t offer the travel and rescue insurance.
- We also don’t include the phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra poter etc.
- We also don’t offer tips for guides and porters.
Trip cost: 2200 USD per person
Accommodation: 2 or 3 star level
Duration: 14 days
Max altitude: 4790m
Trek start dates
1st Group: 1st of every Month
2nd group: 15th of every month
Book your Yoga Trek with us
directly E-mail us on email@example.com