15 Days Langtang Gosaikunda Yoga Trek
The majestic Langtang region is home to numerous natural enigmas but none of them come close to the mighty Gosainkunda Lake. Perched at a height that crosses 4000 meters, this lake stands as an oasis of serenity and purity. With numerous myths associated with it, this 15 days Langtang Gosainkunda Yoga trek will not only provide you the natural side of Nepal but an unforgettable insight into its cultural identity as well.
This trek takes place in the fabled Langtang region which is home to a variety of flora and fauna along with the mighty Langtang mountain range. Traverse through the dense alpine forests that later pave the way to frosty paths. Understand Tamang culture in the bustling settlements of Langtang village and Kutumsang. Make rounds in the religious Kyanjing Gompa and be at peace with your mind. Relax on the tranquil waters of the Gosainkunda Lake and find your inner peace and purpose in life. Nothing spells adventure and romance like the Langtang Gosainkunda Yoga trek. The trekking experience is further accentuated with the inclusion of yoga and meditation.
Factual Statements regarding the trip
- Terrain type: Hills and mountains
- Location: Langtang, Nuwakot
- Difficulty level: moderate to difficult
- Time needed: 15 days
- Max Altitude: 4610 meters
- Religions: Hinduism and Buddhism
- Local residents: Tamang, Brahmin, Chhetri
- Transportation: private vehicle
Langtang Goisainkunda Yoga Trek Highlights
- Crossing the dreadful Lauribina La Pass
- Observing the serene Gosainkunda Lake and Saraswati kuna lake
- Relishing at the sight of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu
- Learning Tamang heritage in the Langtang village
- Visiting the holy Kyanjing Gompa and Sing Gompa
- Observing the glorious mountain range from the top of Kyanjin Ri
Food and Accommodation
The majority of this trek takes place in the silent and isolated parts of the Langtang National Park. During this trek, you will be residing in small lodges and teahouses. The teahouses are run by the locals. They are equipped with basic facilities like shower, a warm bed, and supper. Fancy food is not available here and even if they are, it will cost much.
Day 01: Arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
On the first day, you will set foot in the Tribhuvan International Airport. Our representative will be there to meet you and it will be his duty to transfer you to the hotel. At the hotel, interact with the company officials to solidify the deal. Eat a delicious welcome dinner and get your stuff sorted for the trek ahead. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Head to Syabrubesi by bus
A majority of the day will be spent on traveling to Syabrubesi which is the starting point of this Langtang Gosainkunda yoga trek. The drive takes at least 7-8 hours and the road goes through the scenic Prithivi highway. The road provides amazing views of nearby hills and the gushing rivers. Arrive at Syabrubesi during the evening. Here, you can observe numerous lodges. Overnight in Syabrubesi.
Day 03: Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama hotel (2640m)
Before we commence the trek, we shall indulge in a thorough yoga session. It helps to strengthen the body and makes the trek easy. Later, we shall walk along with the rhododendron forests until Bamboo. As we proceed, we can witness the prevalent Tamang culture and traditions. Lama hotel will be the resting spot for the day. It is a small lodge run by the locals. Be sure to get in the meditation class too. Overnight in Lama hotel.
Day 04: Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang village (3340m)
Observe the glorious sunrise from Lama hotel and practice yoga while admiring the delightful picture of the Langtang mountain range. Proceed through alpine forests and walk past Ghortabela to reach Langtang village. It is a major settlement in this region and it was adversely affected by the 2015 earthquake. As of now, it is on the road to recovery. Take part in the meditation session and interact with the locals thereafter. Overnight in Langtang village.
Day 05: Trek from Langtang village to Kyanjing Gompa (3860m)
Once the yoga is sorted, we shall head to Kyanjing Gompa. It is one of the major highlights of this trek. Climb on an ascending trail that goes through the barren terrain. Kyanjing Gompa us a holy Buddhist monastery and you can learn the mysteries of Buddhism here. Later, hike to the nearby hill to observe the glorious backdrop of the Himalayas. Before resting, complete the meditation to be at peace. Overnight in Kyanjing Gompa.
Day 06: Trek to Lama Hotel
Wake up early and complete the morning yoga class by relishing at the sight of the balmy sunrise and icy peaks of the Langtang mountain range. After breakfast, we shall retrace our steps and head back to Lama hotel. The descent is somewhat easier too. Take a much-needed rest and meditate to prepare the mind and body for what lies ahead. Overnight in Lama Hotel.
Day 07: Trek from Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru (2540m)
Dine on a delightful breakfast and after concluding the yoga session, make your way to Thulo Syabru. Walk past Bamboo and get ready for some steep hill climbing which will take you to Thulo Syabru. This village is mostly inhabited by the Tamang people and is a great place to learn the rich Tamang culture. After the meditation session, dine on some authentic Tamang cuisine. Overnight in Thulo Syabru.
Day 08: Trek from Thulo Syabru to Lauribina (3920m)
In the high altitude, it might be a bit difficult to practice yoga but you have to do it. We shall now head deeper into the isolated parts of the Langtang National Park. We shall walk on the forested trail to reach Sing Gompa. After we complete our prayers, head to Lauribina which is a resting ground for many on the Langtang trek. Drink plenty of water and don’t forget to complete the meditation. Overnight in Lauribina.
Day 09: Trek from Lauribina to Gosainkunda (4210m)
As you observe the gorgeous panorama of the snow-crusted mountains, we move away from Lauribina. But first, we shall complete the meditation. The trek is comparatively shorter and as you move up, you can see snow. Far ahead lie the Gosainkunda lake, Bhairav Kund lake, and Dudh Kunda lake. There are many histories associated with this lake which you need to figure out. If you want, you can do the meditation outdoors but it’s cold so do it indoors. Overnight in Gosainkunda.
Day 10: Trek from Gosainkunda to Gopte (3640m)
Observe the serene picture of Gosainkunda in the morning and indulge in yoga in the great outdoors. Click some photos and head out to Gopte. We shall go there by crossing the treacherous Lauribina La Pass. The pass is slippery so be careful. From the pass, we walk downhill observing the delightful surroundings before finally arriving at Gopte. After wrapping up the meditation, take some rest. Overnight in Gopte.
Day 11: Trek from Gopte to Kutumsang (2540m)
Take part in the mandatory morning yoga sessions and find yourself walking on the road to Kutumsang. The journey is mostly downhill and is easier. You will observe that the vegetation is also much thicker downhill. The trek provides an amazing picture of nearby hills and mountains. Arrive at Kutumsang which is a Tamang settlement. Don’t forget to complete meditation too. Overnight in Kutumsang.
Day 12: Trek from Kutumsang to Chisapani (2330m)
We shall now head deeper into human settlement. Once the yoga is completed, we shall walk downhill through small settlements inside the Shivapuri national park. A lot of downhill climbing takes us to Chisapani which is a stopping point for travelers. Take rest and then commence the meditation session. Overnight in Chisapani.
Day 13: Trek from Chisapani to Sundarijal and drive to Kathmandu
As we head deeper into human settlements, we are reaching the end of this trip. Walk down the forested trails and observe Kathmandu valley on the background. Walk past Mulkharka and other Tamang settlements to reach sundarijal. You can see a water reservoir here. From here, the company representative will pick you and transfer you to the hotel. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 14: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
The objective for the day involves taking a sightseeing tour of the major UNESCO World Heritage Sites that are found in the Kathmandu valley. We shall visit sites like Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, and Swoyambhunath. Learn about the culture here and find its importance in the context of Nepal. Later, head back to the hotel and take part in the farewell dinner. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 15: Departure from Nepal
Today is your final day in Nepal and our representative will make sure that you reach the airport on time. We hope that you had a wonderful time with us and we hope to see you again.
Things included in the package
- We provide you the bed and breakfast. Accommodation will be shared by two people. However, you can book for the single room with extra charge.
- We will also bear the cost of domestic flight that will be travelled for the trip.
- Yoga classes as per Itinerary.
- The overland transport will be held on tourist coach as per the itinerary and size of the group.
- The applicable fee for the Trekking, National Park and Conservation center will be covered.
- We offer you a welcome group dinner in an authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural show.
- The wages, meals, insurance and transport allowance of all trekking staff and porters will be arranged.
- We also can arrange the planning for the place of interest in the city accompanied by the city guide.
- We also have included the comprehensive medical kit and service of guide and porters.
- We also help you to reconfirm your international flight.
Things Excluded in the package
- Pick-up/Drop from/to airport.
- The visa fee you would have to pay for travel, medical insurance and airport tax.
- The meals of your personal interest will not be offered in our expense.
- We would also not provide the personal sleeping bags and bags.
- The charge applied in case of emergency evacuation by any means of transport would not be included.
- The charge for accommodation in Kathamndu in you early arrival before the trip will not be included and also the late departure. Moreover, the early departure from trek will also not included in our expense.
- We also don’t include the cost of international flights.
- The trip doesn’t offer the travel and rescue insurance.
- We also don’t include the phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra poter etc.
- We also don’t offer tips for guides and porters.
Trip cost: 2500 USD per person
Accommodation: 2 or 3 star level
Duration: 15 days
Max altitude: 4080m
Trek start dates
1st Group: 1st of every Month
2nd group: 15th of every month
Book your Yoga Trek with us
directly E-mail us on email@example.com