10 Days Rara Lake Yoga Trek
The Rara Lake yoga trek takes you to the wild parts of western Nepal where you will get to witness nature in its unblemished and unperturbed nature. The Rara lake stands as a turquoise symbol of serenity in the laps of lush vegetation and a proper vantage point to witness sky-piercing mountains. A journey in this hilly utopia is bound to leave anyone elated and fulfilled.
The Rara lake is counted by many as one of the biggest lakes in Nepal. It resides in the silent Rara National Park which is home to a plethora of wild flora and fauna. Ghoral, Thar, and Himalayan Black Bear are the common inhabitants here and they share this land with the other 200 species of birds. This trekking journey will not only introduce you to nature but the small settlements like Sinja and Pina as well. Witness their distinct lifestyle and marvel at the many mysteries found in the globe.
This Rara Lake yoga trek experience will be an unforgettable aspect of your life and if you fuse the morning and evening yoga sessions, you’ll be left with quite a miracle.
Rara Lake Yoga Trek Factual Statements
- Terrain Type: Hills and mountains
- Location: Mugu, Jumla, Humla
- Difficulty Level: moderate
- Time Needed: 10 days
- Max Altitude: 3050 meters
- Religions: Hinduism and Buddhism
- Local Residents: Tamang, Brahmin, Chhetri
- Transportation: bus and airplane
- Delightful mountain flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and Jumla
- Exploring the relics in Sinja valley
- Observing the pristine scenery in the Rara national park
- Learning about the culture and norms of people living in Jumla
- Enjoying the tranquil environment in the Rara lake
- Walking amidst the densely forested trails leading to the Rara lake
Food and Accommodation
During this 10-day trek, you will be residing in teahouses and mini lodges. As the trek takes place in the wilderness, you won’t find any sort of modern-day commodity. Rest assured as some of the lodges have a hot shower facility. You will be living on a diet of dal bhat tarkari, dhido, and roti. You have to carry fancy meals if you have the need.
Day 01: Arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu (1300m)
Arrive at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and meet our representative who will detail you about the facts of this trip. Spend the evening by interacting with the tour guides and take a short stroll in Thamel and nearby area. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Head to Nepalgunj via airplane and then to Jumla via airplane (2540m)
Head to the Tribhuvan International Airport once again as you’ll proceed to Nepalgunj today. The short flight lasts less than an hour. At Nepalgunj, you can witness the Terai terrain which is flat and the climate is hot. After lunch, you’ll depart for Jumla. This hilly district is the starting point of the Rara Lake yoga trek.
Overnight in Jumla.
Day 03: Proceed to Chere Chaur from Jumla (3055m)
During the trekking days, you’ll partake in a morning yoga session. It is done with the motive of accentuating your performance. Once it is completed, you will walk on the elevated terrain that dwindles through forests and hills. Observe the local commute in Khalanga Bazar and finally arrive at Chere Chaur. This grassland is a great place to practice the evening meditation session. Overnight in Chere Chaur.
Day 04: Head Towards Chalachaur (2980m)
Find the purpose behind the rejuvenating morning yoga session and embark through the trails of birch, pine, and rhododendrons. Carefully mount the Jaljala Pass and witness the glorious view of Kanjiroba Himal. Once you walk on the main Rara circuit trek, Chala Chaur is just a few hours away. This small grassland is famous amidst the local herders. You can even practice the evening meditation session here or in the lodge. Overnight in Chala Chaur.
Day 05: Trek to Sinja Valley (2490m)
As we venture deep into the wilderness, we find ourselves in the vicinity of Sinja valley. But first, we must complete the morning yoga session. As we walk on forested trails, the Hima river and Jaljala river will be our constant companion. Sinja valley was the seat of the ancient Malla kings from the 12th to 14th centuries. Observe the numerous artifacts decorated and then continue the evening meditation session. Overnight in Sinja valley.
Day 06: Trek to Ghorosingha (3050m)
The morning yoga session tends to get a bit chilly today as we are on a high elevation. Nevertheless, we move along the forested trails which give us glimpses of wild creatures and streams. At Laha, a short tea break awaits us and at Gani, lunch. The steep trails finally lead us to Ghorosingha where we shall attend the meditation session and rest. Overnight in Ghorosingha.
Day 07: Arrive at the Rara Lake (3010m)
Once we get the yoga sessions out of the way, we shall climb on the edges of Chucharmare Danda to reach Rara. Enjoy serene views of faraway mountains and the turquoise Rara lake below. Once you reach Majhghat, you will follow the Khatyar river and finally arrive at Rara lake. This lake oozes in tranquility and the surrounding vegetation makes the environment much lively. It is a blessing that you get to practice meditation here. Overnight in Rara.
Day 08: Trek to Pina (2440m)
As you complete the rejuvenating yoga session, we will make our way to Pina. The elevation starts to fall from today and you can observe the green pristine surroundings. The soothing walk takes you to the headquarters of Mugu district, Gamgadhi. Interact with the locals here and move to Pina. Complete the evening meditation session and take a much-needed rest. Overnight in Pina.
Day 09: Trek to Jumla (2540m)
Our descent continues once we finish the morning session. We shall cross the Ghurchi Langna Pass and observe delicate views of the Karnali river. Move along Bulbule and take a lunch break at Bumra. Walk along the forested trails with the picture of the Hima river on the horizon. We finally arrive at Jumla where it all began. If you have the energy, then take part in the meditation session. Overnight in Jumla.
Day 10: Fly to Nepalgunj and then to Kathmandu
The morning commences by indulging in a quick yoga session and then bidding farewell to Jumla. Get on a flight to Nepalgunj and after a short break, you will proceed to Kathmandu. Be sure to shop for souvenirs in Kathmandu. You have the option of either prolonging the trip or heading back to your home. Despite your option, we hope that you had a splendid time with us.
Things included in the package
- We provide you the bed and breakfast. Accommodation will be shared by two people. However, you can book for the single room with extra charge.
- We will also bear the cost of domestic flight that will be travelled for the trip.
- Yoga classes as per Itinerary.
- The overland transport will be held on tourist coach as per the itinerary and size of the group.
- The applicable fee for the Trekking, National Park and Conservation center will be covered.
- We offer you a welcome group dinner in an authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural show.
- The wages, meals, insurance and transport allowance of all trekking staff and porters will be arranged.
- We also can arrange the planning for the place of interest in the city accompanied by the city guide.
- We also have included the comprehensive medical kit and service of guide and porters.
- We also help you to reconfirm your international flight.
Things Excluded in the package
- Pick-up/Drop from/to airport.
- The visa fee you would have to pay for travel, medical insurance and airport tax.
- The meals of your personal interest will not be offered in our expense.
- We would also not provide the personal sleeping bags and bags.
- The charge applied in case of emergency evacuation by any means of transport would not be included.
- The charge for accommodation in Kathamndu in you early arrival before the trip will not be included and also the late departure. Moreover, the early departure from trek will also not included in our expense.
- We also don’t include the cost of international flights.
- The trip doesn’t offer the travel and rescue insurance.
- We also don’t include the phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra poter etc.
- We also don’t offer tips for guides and porters.
Trip cost: 1600 USD per person
Accommodation: 2 or 3 star level
Duration: 10 days
Max altitude: 3190m
Trek start dates
1st Group: 1st of every Month
2nd group: 15th of every month
Book your Yoga Trek with us
directly E-mail us on email@example.com